Rezatec is an innovative and fast-growing company and an exciting place to work. See below for our latest vacancies. We are always looking for the best talent in our industry so get in touch if you’re interested in working for us.
EO / GIS Analyst +
EO / GIS Analyst
Full time, permanent
Competitive salary and benefits package
firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a CV
Rezatec helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. We do this through our unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers.
A vacancy exists within Rezatec for an EO / GIS Analyst to join our EO team, based at our head office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. The role will involve sourcing, processing, analysing geospatial datasets and may include field work to collect ground calibration data.
The role will suit a confident, team-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment. The applicant should have a degree in a science related subject and either an MSc in a GIS or remote sensing discipline, or have equivalent working experience in this area. Experience with environmental data is an advantage but we will accept applications from other industries as long as the applicant can demonstrate their knowledge in geospatial information.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to commute to the Harwell office. Applications from EU citizens are welcome.
The successful candidate will contribute to projects within the agriculture, water, forestry, infrastructure, energy and carbon sectors. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and pre-processing satellite, aerial and vector datasets.
- Spectral analysis and modelling of optical and radar datasets using both open source and proprietary algorithms.
- Development of automation scripts.
- Field data collection, using mobile GIS technologies, which may include travel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Firm understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata.
- Demonstrable knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analysing geospatial datasets, in particular satellite derived imagery.
- Experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ENVI, SARscape and QGIS.
- Scripting and statistical languages, in particular, but not limited to, Python, R & IDL.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Someone who can work on their own initiative as well as within a team and can make a contribution into applied techniques and processes.
- SAR data analysis.
- Experience with environmental datasets.
- Spatial Databases, in particular PostGreSQL+ PostGIS.
Rezatec Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV by email to: email@example.com, or by post to: Human Resources, Rezatec Ltd., Electron House, Fermi Ave, Harwell, Oxfordshire, OX1 0QR.
Application strictly for candidates only – no third parties.