Working for Rezatec
Our global HQ in Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Working for Rezatec
As an employer, we place immense value in our staff, creating an environment that is a great place to work and both intellectually and financially rewarding with a strong emphasis on a healthy work-life balance. We encourage and invest in training and development programmes for all employees and offer a generous benefits and rewards package.
If our team sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we always welcome applications from talented individuals to join us.
The best thing about working at Rezatec is...
- Private Pension
- 25 Days Holiday
- AXA PPP Healthcare Scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Shares Options
- Death in Service
- Tea, Coffee, Fruit & Biscuits
Join the team.
We organise a range of activities and team building events throughout the year including the annual (optional) Reza-trek.
EO / GIS Analyst +
EO / GIS Analyst
Full time, permanent
Competitive salary and benefits package
Ryan.Mills@Novoexec.com enclosing a CV
Rezatec helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. We do this through our unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using our mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for our customers.
A vacancy exists within Rezatec for an EO / GIS Analyst to join our EO team, based at our head office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. The role would suit a candidate with up to 3-4 years commercial experience with a focus on scripting and automating GIS workflows.
The successful candidate must be able to commute to the Harwell office and must be eligible to work in the UK. Applications from EU citizens are welcome.
The role will suit a confident, team-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment. The applicant should have a degree in a science related subject and either an MSc in a GIS or remote sensing discipline, or have equivalent working experience in this area. Experience with environmental data is an advantage but we will accept applications from other industries as long as the applicant can demonstrate their knowledge in geospatial information.
The successful candidate will contribute to projects within the agriculture, water, forestry, energy and carbon sectors. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and pre-processing satellite, aerial and vector datasets
- Spectral analysis and modelling of optical and radar datasets using both open source and proprietary algorithms
- Development of automation scripts using Python and FME
- Work on your own initiative to further develop products and workflows
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Firm understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata
- Demonstrable knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analysing geospatial datasets, in particular satellite derived imagery
- Experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ENVI, SARScape, QGIS
- Scripting programs and spatial libraries, in particular, but not limited to, Python, R, IDL
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Someone who can work on their own initiative as well as within a team and can make a contribution into applied techniques and processes
- SAR data analysis
- Experience with environmental datasets
- Spatial Databases, in particular PostgreSQL+ PostGIS
- Experience with GeoServer or another geospatial server would also be desirable
Rezatec Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV by email to: Ryan.Mills@Novoexec.com, or by post to: Human Resources, Rezatec Ltd., Electron House, Fermi Ave, Harwell, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QR.
Application strictly for candidates only – no third parties.