Reservoir Embankment & Dam Monitoring
Reduce the risk of catastrophic failure and drive large-scale operational efficiencies
Geospatial analytics for reservoir embankment & dam monitoring
It continuously monitors unusual changes in ground motion, vegetation and moisture levels using satellite and multiple data feeds combined with advanced analytics.
Use Rezatec’s interactive platform to access the most frequent, accurate insights, notifying you of anomalous activity without the need for site inspections.
This service enables you to...
Build a full risk profile of all dams:
- 3-year* historic and current view
- Tracks ground motion and vegetation changes
- Monitors all your dams in all locations
- Ideal for remote locations
- The only service on the market that provides historic data
* Available with all 3-year subscriptions
SPOT THE GAPS
Track issues between routine structural surveys:
- Frequent, accurate insights
- Alerts of unusual changes in ground motion and vegetation
- Correlates trend data with seasonal ground movement and dam or reservoir water levels
- Accurate to within millimeters
Deploy resources to the right place at the right time:
- Accurately highlights exact risk areas
- Direct investigation and maintenance teams for maximum impact
- Data is collected remotely
- Does not require input from your organization
How it works
Rezatec’s unique satellite radar, imagery and multiple data feeds combine with the most advanced AI analytics capability on the market. Data is collected remotely and automatically.
Our algorithms correlate your historical and current trend data with seasonal ground movement and dam or reservoir water levels to detect non-elastic movement and deformation to within millimetres.
Your subscription provides you with access to our interactive platform, where you can view your latest reports, vizualisation and analytics data. Download and integrate these into your existing workflows.
Use this service to continuously monitor your asset base in a cost-effective, resource-free way:
- Reduce the risk of catastrophic failure
- Proactively meet safety & regulatory obligations
- Diminish health & safety risk exposure for staff
- Demonstrate a Duty of Care to stakeholders
- Rapidly identify potential failure & evolving issues
- Stay on top of issues in between structural surveys
- Assess remote dams, send engineers when needed
- Prioritise engineer deployment
- Reduce the risk of asset failure
- Cut non-targeted inspection & maintenance costs
- Prioritise CapEx and OpEx
- Drive large-scale operational efficiencies
What they say
How geospatial analytics help
Grahamstown Dam, Hunter Water’s largest drinking water storage, holds up to 182,000 million litres and supplies 50% of their customers. An 80km per hour, two-lane road running across the top of the southern embankment makes inspection difficult. Rezatec is enabling them to remotely monitor and ensure the health and safety of staff involved.
Oroville Dam provides flood prevention, irrigation and power to California. The dam’s 2017 spillway failure saw water and debris discharge downstream, mass evacuation and a £1billion repair bill. Spillways account for 30% of dam failures globally. Geospatial analytics used to monitor and highlight hidden issues could have helped to avoid this situation.